Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE
ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SALE CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER AND RETAIN A COPY OF THESE TERMS AND YOUR ORDER FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. THIS NOTICE IS ISSUED BY ORECK.
FORMATION OF THE CONTRACT
- These Terms & Conditions apply to goods supplied directly by Oreck to you registered in England and Wales with company no. 1341840 ("ORECK"). Oreck's registered office is at Unit 302 Pointon Way, Stonebridge Cross Business Park, Hampton Lovett, Droitwich WR9 0LW.
- No contract exists between you and Oreck for the sale of any goods until Oreck has received your order and a confirmation of that order, which may be printed by you, has been displayed on your computer screen. A binding legal contract exists between you and Oreck upon receipt of this confirmation.
- The contract is subject to your cancellation rights (see clauses 18 and 20 below).
- Oreck reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of sale without notice in the future.
- Any dispute or claim that either you or Oreck may bring in relation to or in connection with these terms and conditions will be decided on the basis of English law by the English courts alone (unless you object and ask for a different jurisdiction or law apply).
The language of this contract is English, and any disputes arising under this contract shall be conducted in English, but if you would like a dispute to be heard in another language then Oreck will try to find ways to help.
- You may have other rights granted to you by law in addition to those set out in these terms and conditions, which Oreck may not exclude. These terms and conditions do not affect those other rights granted by law. If you wish to obtain further information about your rights, you should speak to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
DESCRIPTION AND PRICE OF GOODS
- The description and price of the goods ordered will be as shown in the Shop at the time the order is placed.
- All goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order the goods you have ordered are not available in stock, Oreck will inform you by email or by telephone as soon as possible, and offer you an alternative product or refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit or debit card for the goods.
- Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on the Oreck website are accurate at the time the order is placed. If an error is found, Oreck will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling your order. If you cancel, Oreck will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit or debit card for the goods.
- In addition to the price, you may be required to pay a delivery charge for the goods, as shown in the Buy Online section of the Oreck website.This charge will be brought to your attention at the time you place your order for the goods.
- The price of all goods and delivery charges are inclusive of VAT.
- Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made using any of the methods shown on the Oreck website at the time that you place your order.
- Goods ordered will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order. Deliveries are not made outside of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
- If there is no one at the address given who is able to accept delivery of the goods, you will be notified of an alternative delivery date or a place to collect the goods.
- If delivery cannot be made to your address, Oreck will inform you as soon as possible, and refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit or debit card for delivery.
- Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted, and in any event within 30 days of your order. However, Oreck will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, Oreck will inform you as soon as possible.
- You will become the owner of the goods you ordered and responsible for risk of loss of or damage to them once they have been delivered to you.
- Your Right of Cancellation. Should you receive your purchase and decide that you no longer require the goods for whatever reason, they can be returned within 7 working days of your receipt of the goods. To return the goods, please contact the Oreck Helpline on 0330 026 8153, where one of our dedicated customer service representatives will send you returns documentation and explain to you what you must do. You must then return the goods as soon as you are able to do so. Oreck will cover the cost of returning the goods. You will receive a full refund of the price of the goods (including the costs of delivering the goods to you) within 30 days of you notifying Oreck that you no longer require the goods. You must take reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged until they are returned to Oreck. Using the goods before returning them within the allotted 7 day period does not constitute taking reasonable care of them. If you use the goods before returning them to us you will be responsible for the costs of us reconditioning those goods. Oreck may set off the cost of refurbishing the goods against the sums that you have paid for the goods, including any applicable VAT payable, if the goods are used prior to being returned under this clause. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Faulty Goods. Oreck are committed to ensuring that all products are to the highest standard. All our products have a one year manufacturers guarantee from the date of delivery should you experience a problem within this period please contact the Oreck Helpline on 0330 026 8153. One of our dedicated customer services representatives will try to solve your problem over the phone. If your problem cannot be solved over the telephone, you will be sent returns documentation. Once our Service Centre has received your faulty item, it will be tested and the fault/problem identified. Upon identification of this, we will repair the fault. If the fault cannot be identified we will contact you and offer you a replacement or full refund.
- We offer a standard 12-month warranty period in relation to all our products.
- In certain cases Oreck may not be able to provide the goods, or carry out some of its other duties under contract, because of something that is beyond Oreck's reasonable control. This could include war, an act of terrorism, widespread goods, fuel or power shortages, fire, flood, severe weather, other natural disasters, equipment failure or an accident that is not Oreck's fault. If this happens then Oreck will not be responsible for so long as the effects of the event continue for any failure to provide the goods. Oreck will continue to try to provide the goods as soon as possible despite any such events.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Oreck shall be liable for the death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or if Oreck has deliberately lied to you where the lie caused you to enter into a contract with Oreck.
YOUR ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO CLAUSES 23 – 26 INCLUSIVE.
- Oreck shall not be liable for any losses (except for those set out in Clause 22 above) which were not reasonably foreseeable at the time of entering into a contract with Oreck (whether or not caused by Oreck's negligence).
- For the liability not covered by Clause 22 above, Oreck will not be responsible for any loss that could not have been expected to occur in advance of the loss occurring, or any loss of any opportunity by you (including an opportunity for you or someone else to make, save or use money).
- For all Oreck's liability not covered by Clause 22 above, you accept that Oreck's maximum financial responsibility to you will be the price of the goods even if the actual loss you suffer is more than that.
- The price of the goods has been calculated on the basis that Oreck will exclude or limit its liability as set out in the contract. If you want Oreck to take on more liability then please let Oreck know and Oreck will let you have a revised price.
- All goods supplied by Oreck are warranted free from defects for period stated within the product packaging from the date of supply. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
- This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear (such as worn out filters, belts and brush bars), wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by Oreck, failure to follow manufacturer's instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without approval from Oreck.
- If the goods supplied to you develop a defect while under warranty, or you have any other complaint about the goods, you should notify Oreck in writing at the address, fax number or email address shown below.
- These terms and conditions of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to English law, and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.
- All comments, queries and requests relating to the use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to Oreck, Unit 302 Pointon Way, Stonebridge Cross Business Park, Hampton Lovett, Droitwich WR9 0LW, telephone 0330 026 8153 or by email to email@example.com.
- Any complaints should both be placed in writing, and addressed to Customer Care Department, at the above address, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oreck prides itself on delivering complete customer satisfaction on all of its product and services. In the unlikely event that a product arrives damaged or faulty, please contact our careline on 0330 026 8153 who will advise you further and arrange a replacement if necessary.
TAKE BACK SCHEME (TBS)
- In accordance with the UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) regulations, Oreck offers customers a Take Back Scheme. This scheme works on a free take back basis so when you buy an equivalent product from Oreck, Oreck will recycle your old product. The WEEE item returned must fulfil the same function as the item bought. You must return your old item within 28 days of purchasing your new item or you will no longer be eligible for the scheme. Your WEEE item must be addressed to RTB TBS and should be returned at your own cost to the address specified in Clause 36.